In the series of selenium tutorials, this part of the tutorial describes about an important chapter in selenium is Cross Browser Testing using Selenium.
Also See: Latest Updated Selenium Topics
This post will give you answers for the below questions,
- What is Cross Browser Testing?
- Why we need to do Cross Browser Testing?
- What are the Cross Browser Issues?
Here are the answers;
What is Cross Browser Testing?
- Cross Browser Testing the name itself shows what it is all about, If a web or mobile application is developed, It needs to be tested in different applications for its consistency, quality and make sure there is no issue in the performance.
- This testing is applicable for both web & mobile applications.
Why we need to do Cross Browser Testing?
- Web based applications are entirely different from windows applications, If a web application is created it might be opened in any type of browser by the end user.
- Hence it is important to produce the best result in each and every browser for our web application.
- To ensure the best performance of the application Cross Browser Testing using Selenium is the best option.
What are the Cross Browser Issues?
- Incorrect or no DOCTYPE
- No CSS Reset
- Font size mismatch in different browsers
- CSS,HTML validation difference can be there
- Some browser still not supporting HTML5
- Page alignment and div size
- Image orientation
- Browser incompatibility with OS. etc
Please ask any questions on Selenium FAQs page for expert answers
For more tutorials please subscribe our newsletter below,