Welcomes you all to this Selenium FAQs page. This page is designed for both beginner and professional selenium testers, It consists of online trending Selenium FAQs, Selenium Interview Questions for your reference,
If you have any questions, please post it below and get answered from experts..!!
No need to confuse about which language to learn,
Why it is??
Here is the answer;
Selenium also provides a test domain specific language which helps to write the tests in a number of programming languages, that includes C#, Groovy, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Scala. Thus as described above there is no need to learn any test scripting language.
Who named it as Selenium?
Jason Huggins who was the one who started it at first as mentioned above “made a joke in a mail, mocking one of their competitor named Mercury, saying that mercury poisoning can be cured by taking selenium supplements. Thus the developers who received the mail named it as Selenium.
It is a approach which you are going to use for validating the system. The testing approach consists of many different kinds of methods related to the testing product.
For example for validating the functionality of a testing product you can use any kind of techniques such as System Testing, or End to End testing or Localization testing to measure the quality.
It helps to perform the overall testing activity, which is the additional resource to the tester to carryout the testing. Testing can be performed in either two ways such as Manual or Automation.
If you are automation testing then you can make use of the tool. With the tools you can test the application by record and play back or by writing scripts.
There are lot of automated tools available such as QTP or WinRunner for functionality testing and Load Runner for performance testing and Selenium for web application testing.
Every web application needs to be tested because of many number of bugs and more number of web usability, In simple term checking your web application for potential bugs before moving into production environment is called as Web Application Testing. Here are the best way to test Web Application, Functionality Testing:
It is used to check the functional requirements of the application as per the recommendation.
- Outgoing links
- Internal links
- Anchor Links
- MailTo Links
This testing is done by a small group of testers according to the target audience.
- Test the site Navigation
- Test the Content
- Click here for more details about Software Testing
A Trending Testing Tool mostly used in IT companies in testing field.
For more detail read our Complete Selenium WebDriver Architecture Tagged with: selenium webdriver | selenium webdriver training in chennai | selenium faqs | selenium tutorials for beginners | selenium training with placement assitance in chennai | best selenium testing training institute in chennai
- PartialLink Text
- Xpath etc
- Global software testing market to reach $50 billion by 2020 – NASSCOM
- Selenium supports more browsers and languages than any other testing tool
- Selenium Tester can earn $87,000 –
Selenium is a powerful yet open source testing platform that is being used extensively by some of the largest corporations in the world. It has some distinct advantages like an efficient way to generate test scripts, reusing the scripts, validating functionality and automating the test process and remote testing the software codes. Thus Selenium helps you to take up jobs as a Selenium Testing professionals for very good pay packages taking your career to the next level.
Selenium Commands also called as Selenese are the commands which runs in your tests. These commands are used to tell the automation engine to perform certain tasks. Check out the important updated topics in Selenium.
Using Selenese the Tester can test broken links, input fields, table data, forms submission.
There are three categories of Selenium commands, They are as follows,
Read in detail about all these categories - Understanding Selenium Commands
The ISTQB was formally established as an International Testing Qualifications Board in Edinburgh in November 2002. The ISTQB is in charge of the "ISTQB Certified Tester", which is a global capability plot and the capabilities in the plan depend on a syllabus. There is an examination covering the substance of the syllabus. After the examination, each fruitful member gets the "ISTQB-Certified-Tester" authentication.
In other words it serves as a blue print for testing a project, using this the project will be monitored and controlled by the test manger.
Click here: Selenium IDE Installation Guide
1.Browser Control: (Important Point)
2.Speed: (which matters the most)
3.API: (Here is the Point) – Application Program Interface
4.Browser Support: (Headless Support)
Detailed description here -
- Cross Browser Testing the name itself shows what it is all about, If a web or mobile application is developed, It needs to be tested in different applications for its consistency, quality and make sure there is no issue in the performance.
- This testing is applicable for both web & mobile applications.
- Complete tutorial: Cross Browser Testing using Selenium
Selenium an open source automation testing tool provides facility to record and playback the testing script. It can be done without any test scripting language. It uses a test domain language called selenese which helps to write tests in many number of programming languages such as C#,Java, PHP,Ruby and Scala.
- To run a test against different browsers and also on different operating systems.
- The test can be deployed in multiple environments using Selenium Grid.
- Also complex AJAX-based web application scenarios can also be tested.
Assert it is used to verify the result. If the test case fails then it will stop the execution of the test case there itself and move the control to other test case.
Verify it is also used to verify the result. If the test case fails then it will not stop the execution of that test case.
Both methods are abstract method of WebDriver interface and used to find the WebElement in a web page.
Find Element () – it used to find the one web element. It return only one WebElement type.
FindElements () it used to find more than one web element. It returns List of WebElement.
Sure You'll be Updated
We having a separate page for updates about Selenium Job in Chennai and for others as well.
driver.findElement (By.xpath (“xpath of textbox”)).getSize().getWidth ();
driver.findElement (By.xpath (“xpath of textbox”)).getSize().getHeight();
Use Action class
Actions act = new Actions (driver);
WebElement source = driver.findElement (By.xpath (“”)); //source ele which you want to drag
WebElement target = driver.findElement (By.xpath (“”)); //target where you want to drop
Selenium is a most popular testing tool which provides many facilities than any other paid tools, as we all know selenium is compatible with many programming languages such as Java, C#, PHP,Python etc. It is always an advantage to learn Selenium with Java
- Selenium is written in Java, hence it is needed to know Java to learn Selenium
- Experts used to work with Java
Selenium Webdriver is the latest Selenium tool, Here are the Top 5 Selenium Tools
A framework is set of automation guidelines which help in
Maintaining consistency of Testing, Improves test structuring, Minimum usage of code, Less Maintenance of code, Improve reusability, Non Technical testers can be involved in code, Training period of using the tool can be reduced, Involves Data wherever appropriate.
Types of Frameworks are listed below,
- Module Based Testing Framework
- Library Architecture Testing Framework
- Data Driven Testing Framework
- Keyword Driven Testing Framework
- Hybrid Testing Framework
- Behaviour Driven Development Framework
String mainPage = driver.getWindowHandle (); Alert alt = driver.switchTo ().alert (); // to move control to alert popup alt.accept (); // to click on ok. alt.dismiss (); // to click on cancel. //Then move the control back to main web page driver.switchTo ().window (mainPage); → to switch back to main page.
- Annotations are simple and easy to understand
- Annotation makes the testing easy
- Using this test cases can be grouped which helps the tester to easily prioritize it
- Can able to execute the test cases without the need for main function
- Open source and portable software testing tool
- Provides a test domain specific language (Selenese) which helps to write tests in different programming languages.
- Execute test scripts in multiple browsers and various operating systems.
- Can run tests in multiple browser in parallel using Selenium Grid.
- Selenium WebDriver is designed in the purpose to provide simple and more succinct programming interface. (Architecture of Selenium WebDriver)
Our Selenium training fresher program helps the newly passed out fresher candidates & Selenium beginners to be a professional automation tester. Our Selenium training fresher program includes the following,
- Manual Testing Training for fresher
- Basic Java Training for fresher
- Free Communication Program for fresher
2. Modify the script according to the testing needs. Add validation points, Java Scripts, Time-out etc.
3. Run the test.
4. View the result after test run complete analyze.
a) It supports with most of the browsers like Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera etc.
b) It supports with most of the language like Java, Python, Ruby, C# etc.
b) Doesn’t require to start server before executing the test script.
c) It has actual core API which has binding in a range of languages.
d) It supports of moving mouse cursors.
e) It supports to test iphone/Android applications.
The most common difference between Get & Post method is,
Get Method is used to get a page load, page source or page text. But if you want to move to back to the homepage then Post method will be useful.
- The driver calls a component to be tested. It is used in bottom-up approach.
- Both test stub and test driver are dummy software components.
Waterfall Model Advantages
- Very simple and easy to learn this model
- Suitable for Small Projects
- Newbies can easily understand the phases of this model
- Overlapping issues will not occur
- Every single phase can be reviewed separately
The process of testing software in a well planned and systematic way is known as software testing life cycle(STLC).
Different Phases of STLC are as follows;
- Test Planning
- Test Design
- Test Execution
- Evaluating the Exit criteria
- Test Closure