Software testing is an ever green and always trending area in Information Technology. The recent update from the national software testing conference also shows they’re going to bright future for the software testers. The career path of Software testers will show you the successful growth for an individual who enhances himself in his own skill development by taking the best software testing training.
Software testing is also listed down as the Top Trending Software Technologies 2018. Automation testing in software testing is all about automating test cases automatically by using different tools. Choosing the correct automation testing tool is the first and the important step while dealing with automation testing.
Here, In this software testing article, We have shared about the Top 5 Open Source Software Testing Tools (TRUSTED). Open source testing tools are always the first preferable choice by the organization or an individual and also most widely used.
Top 5 Open Source Software Testing Tools (TRUSTED)
- Google Test
- Virtual Box
- Katalon Studio
Selenium Automation Testing Tool
Selenium open source automation testing tool is the most popular and most usable software testing framework to test the web applications. Selenium automation is not just a single tool instead has a different set of tools included in it such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid.
Benefits of using Selenium Tool
- It provides a playback option using this you can easily record and play the test operations.
- Selenium can be easily accessed by different programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, Ruby, Scala.
- Selenium has the capability to support different browser even mobile devices.
- Selenium Grid helps you to execute tests in parallel.
VirtualBox is an open source powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for both enterprise as well as home use. VirtualBox consists of many rich features and also named as high performance tool for enterprise customers.
- VirtualBox helps you to test new applications by creating Virtual Machines
- It can run on any operating system and create VMs
- You can run VirtualBox on any operating system to create VMs
Google developed a Unit testing library based on CC++ architecture and released on 2016. This open source library is comes under BSD 3-clause license, this testing library can able to run in platforms such as POSIX and Windows and also supports the C and C++ sources.
Using Google Box you can run a test at a time or run many tests at once, this makes the process time effective and the debugging executes faster as expected by the programmers.
Google Box handles different types of tests such as,
- Unit Tests
- Integration Tests
- Acceptance Tests
- Fidelity Tests
- Resilience Tests
- Precision Tests
This open source automation testing tool is developed by Katalon LLC, this tool can be used at the top of the selenium or appium automation testing tool which helps you to get special IDE for web, mobile.
- It provides many project templates which help to organize the test cases and keywords
- Supports different operating system in Web, Android, iOS and API
- Easy SDLC Integration with Jenkins, GIT
- Katalon Studio provides a powerful and flexible test execution engine
- You’ll get multiple report formats, amazing Katalon Analytics
- Organize and maintains the tests automatically
SmartBear software developed this open source testing tool to test the web applications for service-oriented architectures and representation state transfers. As Selenium automation testing SoapUI is also built by using Java hence it is also cross-platform like Selenium testing tool.
According to the latest report SOAP had downloaded more than 2.000,00 times. For your information, SOAPUI is also a cross-platform so that it supports IDEA, Eclipse, and NetBeans as well.
The core features of SOAPUI are,
- Web Services Inspection
- Web Services Invoking
- Web Services Development
- Web Services functional, Compliance and Security testing
These top 5 open source software testing tools mentioned above are the top most used and has number of job opportunities for it since many organizations are opting for it. Learning the tools professionally from a best software training institute in India will help you learn the tools from scratch to all the advanced topics.